Select a Category
New year, new job? Come to the latest Jobs Fair!
Anyone looking for work across the city or some support with training or getting new qualifications is welcome at the latest Acomb Jobs Fair on 24 January.
This regular recruitment event features dozens of employers and employment agencies, and takes place on Wednesday 24 January, 11am – 2pm at Acomb Parish Church Hall, Front Street, YO24 3BZ.
Employers with a wide variety of vacancies to fill will be there to meet people looking for a new job. They will include:
- City of York Council offering a variety of rewarding roles
- North Yorkshire Police recruiting trainees and apprenticeships to senior jobs
- Benenden Health looking for administrators
- Premier Inn needing a range of staff from front of house to housekeepers
- Motus Commercials York recruiting mechanics and technicians
- Valeo Snackfoods seeking production operatives
- Stockton Hall Hospital offering hands-on care roles
- Lidl looking for customer service assistants.
Other employers attending include the NHS, McDonalds, the Principal Hotel, Onebright and Dringhouses After School Club, alongside a number of employment agencies.
The Council’s York Learning service will be offering support with CV writing, advice on how to apply for jobs and other information on securing a job or training.
There will be opportunities for interviews on the day, so please come prepared with photo ID.
Cllr Peter Kilbane, Executive Member for Economy and Transport said: “These Jobs Fairs have a track record of moving job seekers into employment, supporting employers and adding to the economic strength of our city.
“If you’re looking to start, further or change your career, the Acomb Jobs Fair is a great opportunity. Many employers have a wider range of roles available than you might imagine, so come along and find the job you’re looking for!”
Find out more at https://yorklearning.org.uk/events/yorkjobsfair/