Select a Category
Register for a free half-day international trade training course delivered by the University of York
Delivered by Export Expert and International Trade Advisor, Simon Bedford, this FREE session will cover some of the more advanced topics that your business may like to understand when considering international trade.
The training session will conclude with lunch and the opportunity to meet your trainer, training peers, the University of York CPD team and other local SMEs. Register for the Trading International Session.
Topics to be covered will include:
- First steps in exporting – The benefits and building a support network
- International market research – Why it’s useful, and how it assists better strategic decisions.
- Routes to market – Direct sales, identifying agent/distributors, and selling online
- Getting paid – why payment from overseas is more secure than from UK clients.
- Selling services/products overseas – approaching markets and building relationships
- How to create an Export Action Plan – we will provide and explain a template to enable SMEs to complete an effective plan for their business.
- What next – where to go for further export advice, support and funding.
Further information including how to get there and the agenda will be shared in advance of the session. Places are very limited so we encourage you to sign up as soon as possible.